Recent developments in medical imaging technologies have resulted in an explosion of imaging modalities. Today’s medical centers are confronted by the challenge of selecting the appropriate modalities and integrating them with legacy imaging systems that have been historically implemented as isolated islands. Clearly, a dramatic new approach is required – one that balances the organization’s patient care mission with the realities of today’s business environment.
Quality is an industry leader in planning and implementing enterprise imaging solutions. Our consultants have assisted clients in making the right imaging acquisition decisions and assisting them in achieving the beneficial results desired. We offer the key combination of skills to meet the challenge – diagnostic imaging subject matter expertise, clinical work flow knowledge, in depth technology understanding including vendor-neutral, DICOM-compliant, fail-safe archive storage options, and the leadership skills necessary to guide a diverse body of clinicians, administrators, and technicians to the desired end state.
Our services include:
- Strategic planning – concept definition, operations integration, budgeting, and implementation planning.
- Architecture design – logical and physical configuration specifications, technology upgrades required for the current IT infrastructure, and transition planning for implementing these components.
- Acquisition support – market surveys, competitive solicitations, RFP production, evaluation of proposals, and contract negotiations
- Systems implementation and acceptance – project leadership, implementation advisory services and acceptance testing
When fully implemented, the enterprise imaging strategy consists of a vendor-neutral, DICOM-compliant enterprise imaging archive, a set of standard operational procedures for image-producing systems, a dedicated support organization, and a set of policies and workflows that maximize the benefits for your enterprise. Your departments will be better able to acquire and use imaging systems that benefit from improved processes. In addition, your medical staff will have greater access to diagnostic imagery, and will be able to off-load systems administration and business continuity responsibilities to less expensive service suppliers.
Our approach is cost-conscious and the resulting ROI will be enhanced by:
- Enhanced patient care
- Anytime, anywhere secure access to diagnostic images
- Lower life-cycle storage costs
- Enhanced justification for billing
- Support for meaningful use stage 3
- Amplification of the value of the organization’s EMR and clinical data repository