Quality is here to assist you and your organization to succeed in achieving compliance with Meaningful Use regulations. We leverage the finest clinical and technical expertise with a seasoned staff of world-class clinicians and senior professionals, each with more than 20 years of experience in their specialty area.
The complexities with the CMS Meaningful Use requirements and ONC Certification Criteria can prove challenging for compliance; especially with all the competing priorities in your practice or organization. With audits becoming more prevalent, it is key that you have the right documentation, processes, policies, and the support staff to respond.
Our Meaningful Use projects include the following:
- Stage 1 and Stage 2 overview, requirements, and vendor management
- Projections for touchpoints and changes coming in Stage 3
- Understanding Clinical Quality Measures, intersections with existing processes (charting, documentation, abstraction) and the reporting tools for compliance
- Leading efforts for Clinical Quality Reporting: including manual, eSubmission, and pilot program participation
- Tracking vendor certification
- Toolkits to move through the Meaningful Use (MU) process
- Engaging key teams within the organization to assist with successful MU attestation: (Compliance, Privacy, Security, Quality, Application build teams, Informatics teams, End User Education, etc...)
- Monitoring thresholds and developing action plans for course correction
- Emergency (ED) and other 3rd party system integration needs
- Terminology Standardization and Semantic Interoperability
- Understanding the Medicare and Medicaid requirements (practice (EP) and hospital (EH))
- Understanding the enrollment and registration process
- Leading any and all of the above efforts
- Act as Liaison between Clinical and IT teams
- Leading the Audit process and supply supporting documentation (All successful outcomes)
Meaningful Use attainment addresses not only the ability to capture data, but submit, organize, and monitor data within your EHR. A few of the key areas where we concentrate to gain immediate results include CPOE, Problem List, Medication Reconciliation, Emergency Department analysis, and Quality Reporting tools.
Stage 2: The focus shifts to increased thresholds, improving outcomes, and interoperability.
Stage 3: The focus increases yet again with the proposed rule with Decision Support, CPOE, and Public Health. Keep an eye on Core Measures when updating MU CQMs
No matter the size of your organization or the types of care you provide, Quality’s consultants have the clinical experience, project management expertise, and application knowledge to assist you in achieving outstanding results.