CLINICAL IT PROJECT MANAGEMENT
Quality’s specializes in providing skilled, clinical IT Project Management services to healthcare clients.
Quality’s project managers are registered nurses, clinicians, and senior professionals each with more than 15 years of extensive project management experience. This excellent combination of healthcare experience, IT knowledge, clinical workflow, and project management expertise guarantees our clients the finest results.
Our approach to project management is both science and art. We have developed a project management methodology that adheres to the best practices espoused by the Project Management Institute (PMI®). We have documented our methodology in the Quality Project Management Handbook, a 250+ page guide which addresses all aspects of project leadership, technical approaches, team communication, and client handling. Our project management practices are often adopted by our clients who wish to improve their organization’s program effectiveness. Quality's professionals also use tools such as Microsoft project, Microsoft Project Central 2000, e4IS and Visio. And our clients often ask us to mentor their organizations in the application of project management procedures, techniques, and tools.
As a general principal, our project managers employ the following best practices:
- Comprehensive project plans and accurate budgets
- Requirements analysis, modeling, and documentation
- Incremental, iterative, and evolutionary approaches
- JAD-style working sessions
- Formal reviews and periodic status reporting
- Quality assurance and independent testing
- Progress measurements and metrics
Quality has managed large, healthcare infrastructure and clinical systems selection projects for our clients including the following:
- Analysis of Perioperative Nursing and Anesthesiology Systems, Processes, and Documentation
- Implementation of Clinical Systems including Electronic Medical Records, Laboratory, Pharmacy Management, Patient Management, Scheduling, and Enterprise Transcription services for a community hospital in the West.
- An $11M home care information system selection and implementation project
- Management consulting services to a major university health system, the goal of which was to improve the effectiveness of the organization’s Project Management Office
No matter the size of your organization or the types of care you provide, Quality’s consultants have the clinical experience, project management expertise and application knowledge to assist you in achieving the results you are looking for.